Thursday 1 November 2018

November 1/18

Hi Everyone!

I hope you all had a fantastic Halloween!  There has certainly been a lot of excitement in the halls of Fairview this week! :)

Updates/Reminders/Thank you's

*please send in headphones if you have not already done so
*if your child would like to include his/her 'Halloween I Spy' in their memory books once you have found all of their hidden items, please send it back to the school

*I have now added the conference sign up times for our upcoming three way conferences on November 29th and 30th.  These can be accessed via the parent portal.  Please note:  You will sign up for a 15 minute conference but you will actually be here for 30 minutes.  The first 15 minutes (the time you sign up for) will be spent in the hallway celebrating your child's learning.  The second 15 minutes, we will meet in the classroom to set goals for the upcoming term.  Please enter the school through the front door and please be on time in order to avoid having to reschedule our meeting.  Thank you! 

*A big thank you to everyone who sent in treats for our Halloween party!  It was a big success!

*Please only send 1-2 Halloween treats with your child to school.  Thank you!

*We will be having a Remembrance Day assembly just before the long weekend.  Donations are gratefully accepted, your child will receive a poppy to wear at the assembly.

*Thank you to Sophia's family for sending in Halloween craft supplies for us to create with/enjoy

*Thank you also to Logan's mom for making play dough for our next round of Explorations

*Mrs. Watkins sent out a message on the portal explaining to you about the problems I have been having with my work email.  Apparently, I am one of about a dozen people in the district who are having this issue.  I will let you know once it is rectified.  In the meantime, I'd like to ask each of you to check your junk mail to ensure that there are no emails from me there.  If there are, can you please email me at amanda_roberts@sd42.ca (I seem to be able to receive emails okay).  That way I can inform the district on the extent of the problem). Please note that if you email me, I will always email back or talk to you in person.  If I have not responded to you, my reply is probably in your junk mail.  Thanks for your patience while this gets sorted out.

*Just a reminder that the side parking lot is for staff parking only.  Please do not drop off your children in that area.  Thank you!





No comments:

Post a Comment